Welcome to KAN 2017!
It’s August! This is KAN month – are you getting excited yet? The Lights Up movie has been finalised along with other activities such as a Knit & Knatter at Beattie & Forbes books on Bridge street. Perfect for those just attending the market on Sunday and not fully registered. There are also
Thursday Evening 4pm -6pm
- 6pm: Lights Up knitting – Bookings directly through The Globe (see New tab for more details)
- 4pm – 6pm: Earlybird Registration: East Pier
- 12pm: Photo Competition opens: Upload Posts to Instagram (#KANphotocomp17) , KAN Facebook or email to email@example.com
Friday Morning 9am – Noon
- 8am: Registration opens
- 9am – 12pm: Stream One classes commence
- 10am: Trading hall opens for set up
- 10am: Skeinz Shuttle starts. Leaves from East Pier on the half hour.
Friday Afternoon 1pm – 6pm
- 1pm – 6pm: Exclusive retreat traders market, knit & catch up with friends old & new.
- 3pm – 6pm: Stream Two Workshops
- 2.30pm: Last shuttle departs to Skeinz
- 6pm – Late: Knit, food & wine – a casual knit & knatter – very informal as those who wish to dine out can. Make sure you check Grab One as many local eateries regularly participate.
Saturday Morning 8:30am – 12.00 noon
- 10am – 12pm: Design Spun Tour & Skeinz Factory Shop visit – rotating shuttles running from East Pier to Skeinz
- 10am – 12pm: Deb from Outlaw Yarns – Sample Showcase at Skeinz! (Open to Public)
- 10am – 12pm: Knit, knatter and troubleshooting at Beattie & Forbes Bridge Street (Open to Public)
- 9am – 12pm: Stream Three Workshops
- Lunch: Free to choose – we have over a dozen cafes & restaurants in Ahuriri alone!
Saturday Afternoon 1.30pm – late
- 1.30pm – 4.30pm: Stream Four Workshops
- 12pm – 2pm: Knit, knatter and troubleshooting at Beattie & Forbes Bridge Street (Open to Public)
- 4.30pm – Knit & Knatter
- 5.30 – 7.30: KAN Soiree – East Pier
- 7.30pm onwards – you’re free to make your own dinner plans and hit the town!
Sunday Morning 9am – 12pm
- 9am – 12pm: The Knitters Market – East Pier (open to the public)
- 9am – 12pm: Stream Five Workshops – East Pier
- 9am – 12pm: Espresso Knit – East Pier (a chance for one last knit, knatter, & shopping)
- Monday 12pm: Photo competition entries close.