Welcome to KAN 2017!
The schedule is still evolving, but this is the core structure for the weekend to help in your planning. I advise arrival on Thursday night and booking accommodation early. To bring you more classes and a greater chance to book the class you desire I have added an extra stream on Friday morning. All class venues are within a 2 – 3 minute walk from each other in Ahuriri Village or transport will be provided free of charge for the classes off site at Skeinz.
- 8.30am – 4pm: Registration desk open
- 9am – 12pm: Stream One Workshops
- 10am – Trading hall access for Traders set up
- 1pm – 6pm: Trading commences! Trading open from 1pm – 6pm
- 3pm – 6pm: Stream Two Workshops
- 6pm – Late: Knit, food & wine – a casual knit & knatter – very informal as those who wish to dine out can. Make sure you check Grab One as many local eateries regularly participate.
- 6pm – Light Up Knitting at The Globe (TBC)
- 10am – 2pm: Design Spun Tours & Skeinz Factory Shop visit – rotating shuttles running from East Pier to Skeinz
- 9am – 12pm: Stream Three Workshops
- Lunch: Free to choose – we have over a dozen cafes & restaurants in Ahuriri alone!
Saturday Afternoon 1.30pm – late
- 1.30pm – 4.30pm: Stream Four Workshops
- 4.30pm – Knit & Knatter
- 7pm-ish: KAN Dinner – East Pier (Numbers Restricted)
Sunday Morning 9am – 12pm
- 9am – 12pm: The Knitters Market – East Pier (open to the public)
- 10am – 12pm: Sunday Sessions Classes (no event registration required – class fees apply)
- 9am – 12pm: Espresso Knit – East Pier (a chance for one last knit, knatter, & shopping)